AUCTeX in Aquamacs for pstricks and Ghostscript 9.53 with transparency

From: Roussanka Loukanova
Subject: AUCTeX in Aquamacs for pstricks and Ghostscript 9.53 with transparency
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 01:52:48 +0200

Hello,

I would appreciate help on setting AUCTeX in Aquamacs for LaTeX engines for:

- pstricks and Ghostscript 9.53 with transparency.

I've a Macbook Air, macOS v.11.2.3, with:
- TeXLive 2021, all packages updated
- Aquamacs 3.5  GNU Emacs 25.3.50.1

Aquamacs can not process .tex files that require typesetting with pstricks via the route
latex->dvips->ps2pdf

These .tex files, with drawings, used to work finely with TeX Live 2020, by the Aquamacs options:
Command  > TeXing Options > Use default engine > PDF from DVI > dvips+ps2pdf

With late TeX Live 2020, the above stopped working, but XeLaTeX did finely. Since I've upgraded to TeXLive 2021, none of the available commands in Aquamacs can typeset these files.
Herbert Schulz of the list [TeX on Mac OS X], clarified that the problem is pstricks and Ghostscript 9.53 with transparency, on TeX Live 2021 and late TeX Live 2020. (XeLaTeX worked for awhile, even after the above stopped via the default engine). He set special engines for TeXShop, with which I typeset these files finely:

The following commands work finely from the command line of Terminal, but I do not know how to set these options AUCTeX in Aquamacs:

- latex > dvips (from Aquamacs and from Terminal)
$ ps2pdf -dALLOWPSTRANSPARENCY test-file.ps

- XeLaTeX in Terminal:
$ xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -i dvipdfmx-unsafe.cfg -q -E" test-file.tex

I do not know how to set up the engines and the commands with the necessary options in AUCTeX.
I would appreciate help how to get Aquamacs typesetting these files.

Best Regards,
Roussanka