tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] back to TLF

From: Wolf-Ruediger Juergens
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] back to TLF
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 07:58:08 +0200

Hello Rein,

> I hope you will implement the USB interface for Debian... I have
> bought a USB

It must run on all Linux favours, because the FT232BM IC is well
supported from the USB device drivers in the kernel.

> > RS232 interface to talk to the MFJ controller, and I can't get it
> > to work

What kind of USB->Serial IC is on your converter?
There are a lot devices on the market which will not work under Linux.
I think that is not Debian related.

> Cwdaemon is still missing paddle input and foot switch input (hint
> :).

;-) Ok, what was the decision for the foot switch input, which pin/
connection?
And what I know about the unix cw lib, paddle support is provided.
But again, it is better to have a external device like "Linkey" or
"Winkey".

> A KDE version of tlf is low on the priority list. I am normalIy
> running tlf in a Linux console under KDE, and that works fine. I have
> tons of todo items for tlf which are more important. I  want to
> rewrite a lot of the code to make it easier to maintain, and I have
> to add a LOT of contests (e.g. WAEDX, IARU)... Also I want to
> enhance/rewrite  the band map, e.g. I want to optionally make it
> available in a separate terminal window so you can see more calls,
> and control it with the rig qrg... Also I want to make the internal
> log and mult tables dynamic.  At the moment these are set at compile
> time (10.000 qso's and 3000 calls).

If you can, please divide the code more into the working parts and the
GUI, than its later more easy to change the GUI. On the other hand its
hard enough to make a KDE version from tlf version with to different
languages (C/C++). Ok let us do this in the next winter ;-)

> Last winter I have been more busy with hardware. My K2 is now ready
> (KPA100) and I can control it with tlf. I am also busy with a voice
> keyer interface, I want tlf to support recording the messages.

I read the story's about your dxpedition to TS7. I'm glad that I could
work the TS7N with my K2/QRP on 30m.

Happy Easter!

73 Wolf, DL2WRJ
--
http://www.dl2wrj.de - CW - Digital - QRP - QRPP - QRSS
DL-QRP-AG #2138 AGCW #3022 RU-QRP #47 G-QRP #11473 QRP-L #2545