tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] back to TLF

From: Wolf-Ruediger Juergens
Subject: [Tlf-devel] back to TLF
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:32:54 +0200

Hello OM's,
After a break of a half of a year I'm back to TLF development.
Currently I'm working on the support for WINKEY from K1EL.
http://k1el.tripod.com/wkinfo.html

I bought this little Keyer and I must say I like it. Due to the open
documentation, its a joy to implement the winkey functions in cwdaemon.
I'm also planning a software for an Atmel micro to substitute the need
of buying winkey. Project name "LinKey" ;-)
Even I know that the last implemantation of cwdaemon with the cw lib
will cure all (or most of all) timing problems, I like the idea to have
a external keying device much better.
In "Linkey" there will be also USB support, because the most new PC's
and Laptop's dont have a serial port anymore. I will use FT232BM USB->
serial IC (optionally standard serial conn. with MAX232 for the old
PC's). Open source software for this IC is available on
<http://www.intra2net.com/opensource/ftdi/index.html>

@Rein: When will we start with the KDE version of TLF?
I remember that you have had at least a plan for that in the last year.

73 Wolf, DL2WRJ
--
http://www.dl2wrj.de - CW - Digital - QRP - QRPP - QRSS
DL-QRP-AG #2138 AGCW #3022 RU-QRP #47 G-QRP #11473 QRP-L #2545