Re: [Synaptic-devel] Automatic Proxy setting

From: Matthew Miller
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Automatic Proxy setting
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:30:39 -0400

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 12:46:42PM +0200, Vincent van Adrighem wrote:
> That would be an option, but, for example, I use synaptic via sudo. That
> way I don't have to give the root password every time I start synaptic
> (which happens a lot). I don't know what happens if you use libgksu.

Yeah. In BU Linux, we set up usermode on desktop systems so that members of
the wheel group use their *own* passwords to authenticate when running GUI
config tools -- basically the same effect as sudo. Asking for the root
password directly would make synaptic horrible special case.

--
Matthew Miller           address@hidden        <http://www.mattdm.org/>