RE: [Swftools-common] Tiled patterns and shape overflow

From: Sander Kruger
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] Tiled patterns and shape overflow
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:17:50 +0100

I wouldn't say it's an Excel problem. In fact it depends on the PDF
converter how gridlines are expressed in PDF. For example, my Cutewriter
creates grey lines (not patterned), but Acrobat 6 creates the tiled
patterns.

I could imagine that there are other programs that create patterns. For
example, I have seen many Powerpoint presentations with transparency where
the transparent bits are converted to patterns by some PDF converters.

I suppose that this mostly happens with older versions, yet I think it's
almost impossible to rule out that such files will come across. If pdf2swf
is used as a server software with multiple file sources, then it would be
useful to have a solution for it in pdf2swf.

Would it be conceivable to put such an option into the program that only
converts patterns to bitmaps and uses them as a fillstyle?

Regards,
Sander.