Re: [Swftools-common] Tiled patterns and shape overflow

From: filip sound
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Tiled patterns and shape overflow
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:26:09 +0100

pdf2swf -s poly2bitmap

yours,
filip

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Sander Kruger <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I haven’t found an etiquette page for this list, so I hope I’m in the right place.

Is there a way to optimize pdf2swf for documents containing tiled patterns? For example, I have an Excel file that, when printed to PDF with visible gridlines results in a modest PDF file of 18k.

However, the gridlines are drawn with a tiled pattern, resulting in a shape overflow. I think this happens because pdf2swf defines every shape in the pattern as a separate shape.

Pdf2swf has an option to convert all polygons to bitmaps, but that would be a bit too rigorous in most cases. Would it be possible to have an option to convert iled patterns to a bitmaps and use the bitmaps as a fillstyle?

Regards,

Sander Kruger.