Re: [Swarm-Support] Installation problems on RedHat 9 Linux (Intel)

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Installation problems on RedHat 9 Linux (Intel)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:34:33 -0500

Yes, you need the j2sdk because you are planning on compiling programs, not just running them. I have a copy of the _02 version you can use if you can't get it from Sun. Soon I'll have the _03 version.

To make this work, you have to install the swarm RPM and also the swarm-jdk addon. The former supplies the base. I think you were trying only the latter.

pj

Kenneth Benoit wrote:
Thanks Paul, I will try this when I am back in the office tomorrow. I suspect I need the sdk instead of the mere jre? Also will the new rpms solve the dependency for swarm-base? Thanks!

Ken