Re: ActionGroup problem in JBuilder 4

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: ActionGroup problem in JBuilder 4
Date: 05 Apr 2001 10:26:50 -0700

ZS> BUT I found a new "bug" for Swarm's Controlpanel. If I want to
ZS> close the program with Quit button in the Controlpanel right after
ZS> starting the program, I can't do that. It does, as if you pressed
ZS> the Start button.

If you're using the new DLLs, grab the new jheatbugs:

  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/testing/jheatbugs-2001-03-28.tar.gz

Also note that libkaffeswarm.dll is what you'll run when you run
`javaswarm'.  If you want to run javaswarm.dll, then say `jdkswarm'.
If you have JDK 1.3 you may need to tweak the jdkswarm script to look for
"1.3" instead of "1.2".  Swarm 2.1.1 was released before JDK 1.3 so
the scripts check for the earlier version.  It's obvious how to change
this if you bring jdkswarm or jdkcswarm up in an editor.

Kaffe is a freely redistributable Java virtual machine we have on the
CD-ROM and in the Windows install package, but the way it connects to
Swarm is done in a slightly different way than the way the Sun Java
virtual machine connects to Swarm.  Thus, there are two alternate
DLLs, one for each Java implementation.  Commercial IDEs will either
use the Sun JDK virtual machine directly (e.g. JBuilder 3), or they
will provide their own (e.g. IBM Visual Age).  (Sometimes this latter
situation causes problems.)