Help : Testing SDG-0.0.tar

From: Narjes BELLAMINE-BEN SAOUD
Subject: Help : Testing SDG-0.0.tar
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 09:18:18 -0700

Hello,

I wanted to fellow the Swarm tutorial 2000 and downloaded the
SDG-0.0.tar
example.

I have also updated the swarm.jar and javaswarm.dll

On building the application   with Visual Cafe 3.0, I have the following
errors

Error: C:\Narjes\SWARMApplications\src\SDG-0.0\agent2d\Alex2d.java(12):
Class java.util.Iterator not found in import
Error: C:\Narjes\SWARMApplications\src\SDG-0.0\ObserverSwarm.java(16):
Class java.util.List not found in import
Error: C:\Narjes\SWARMApplications\src\SDG-0.0\ObserverSwarm.java(17):
Class java.util.LinkedList not found in import
Error: C:\Narjes\SWARMApplications\src\SDG-0.0\SDG.java(14): Class
java.util.List not found in import
Error: C:\Narjes\SWARMApplications\src\SDG-0.0\SDG.java(15): Class
java.util.LinkedList not found in import
Error: C:\Narjes\SWARMApplications\src\SDG-0.0\SDG.java(16): Class
java.util.Iterator not found in import
Error:
C:\Narjes\SWARMApplications\src\SDG-0.0\agent2d\DirectedAgent2d.java(79):
Method toRadians(double) not found in java.lang.Math
Error:
C:\Narjes\SWARMApplications\src\SDG-0.0\agent2d\Marcus2d.java(98):
Method toRadians(double) not found in java.lang.Math
8 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Build Failed

Also, I tried to test it  using javacswarm in the  terminal : I have no
compilation errors
But when I tried to run it (javaswarm ObserverSwarm ) the following
message appears :
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:[exception was
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native function:
swarm/SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin()Ljava/lang/Object;] at
ObserverSwarm.main(ObserverSwarm.java:126)

Does anybody had similar problems ? So please help me .

Thanks,

Best Regards

Narjes BELLAMINE-BENSAOUD
Associate Professor and Researcher  at the University of Tunis
Visitor Researcher at Infomation and Computer Science department of the
University  of California IRVINE