swarm-gis

Re: what about a geodata session at swarmfest?

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: what about a geodata session at swarmfest?
Date: 24 Feb 1999 23:23:20 -0700

Hi Paul!

[...]

PB> I have a GIS-CA object that will (hopefully) be ready for general
PB> release at swarmfest this year.  I doubt that I will have the only
PB> GIS-type presentation there.  What else is going on?

Thanks for posting this to the GIS list - to generate
activity/interest.  I recall from your post to
<address@hidden>, a little while ago, that you were putting
together a presentation proposal - great!

But be sure to post your abstract to the <address@hidden>
list ASAP - since we're putting together the program right now.  As
far as breakout sessions go - they're more informal affairs - so we
don't need to have them all completely spec-ed out just now.

[...]

PB> I am not aware of anyone else who is trying to organize such a
PB> session.  I will be happy to try and coordinate things if noone
PB> else is doing it.  If someone else is already coordinating such a
PB> session, please make yourself known so that I can submit
PB> something.

PB> It would probably be best if people responded directly to this
PB> list, so that we have an open discussion.  So what do you think?
PB> Should we have a session on geodata this year?

If you'd like to be designated an `official' breakout session leader,
I'm happy to do that - I'll put a link on the program webpage for you
as the primary contact.

Regards,

 --- Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden
  Swarm Program            |     web: http://www.santafe.edu/~alex

   Swarm-GIS is for discussion of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
   and their integration or use with Swarm.  For list administration
   needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to
   <address@hidden> with "help" in the body of the message.