swarm-gis

GIS-Swarm

From: srm8
Subject: GIS-Swarm
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:58:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi All:

        I am also happy (relieved?) to see that this list is active and I have
not forgotten that I subscribed to it.

        I would not be at swarmfest but I thought I would let you know
what I am about to start working on.  I am part of a project team looking
at land use change in southern Rhode Island and would like to use swarm
in this regard.  The overall aim is to link swarm up to a GIS which has
defined developable land units (DLUs).  Right now I am working on the
theoretical part of this, i.e., trying to figure out how developers,
households, etc., make choices.  Will keep the list informed as progress
in made over the next year or so.

        Any nudges in the right direction would be appreciated, e.g., good
papers to read, etc.  Also, I hope that the GIS type papers at swarmfest
be posted on the swarm web page.

Rayman

   Swarm-GIS is for discussion of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
   and their integration or use with Swarm.  For list administration
   needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to
   <address@hidden> with "help" in the body of the message.