swarm-gis

Re: what about a geodata session at swarmfest?

From: Sander Oom
Subject: Re: what about a geodata session at swarmfest?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:24:52 -0000

Paul,

A session on GIS and Swarm sounds very interesting. Unfortunately
I'll not be able to be there this year.

I just started a PhD on foraging behaviour. I hope to build a spatially
explicit individual-based model in Swarm. One of the inputs will be a
vegetation mosaic. I'm not sure if I need a live link between the GIS
and Swarm, but it will make things a lot easier if they work together
in some way.

Do you know that ArcInfo version 7 allows for C programs to call
Arc commands? Like a client-server relationship. Avenue (ArcView)
also offers some options for co-operation.

I would be very interested if you would send a summary of the
workshop to this mailinglist.

Good luck,

Sander.

***
Sander Oom
Macaulay Land Use Research Institute
Craigiebuckler
Aberdeen  AB15 8QH
United Kingdom
tel.  01224-318611
fax.  01224-311556
email    address@hidden
internet http://www.mluri.sari.ac.uk/veget.htm
***

   Swarm-GIS is for discussion of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
   and their integration or use with Swarm.  For list administration
   needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to
   <address@hidden> with "help" in the body of the message.