swarm-gis

what about a geodata session at swarmfest?

From: Paul Box
Subject: what about a geodata session at swarmfest?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:27:37 -0700

Hey there!

Some of you may have forgotten that you are members of this list!  I
would like to propose that we have a session at swarmfest this year
regarding geodata in swarm.  Are there enough people that are working
in this area that a special session is warrented?

I have a GIS-CA object that will (hopefully) be ready for general
release at swarmfest this year.  I doubt that I will have the only
GIS-type presentation there.  What else is going on?

If you are doing something in swarm that requires using data from
GISs, I would like you to consider participating in a special session
on the subject.  If there are only two or three of us who are
interested in the subject, then we could fit in the general swarm
program with no additional headaches to the conference organizers.
However, if there are 30 or 40 of us, we should try and organize
early.

I am not aware of anyone else who is trying to organize such a
session.  I will be happy to try and coordinate things if noone else
is doing it.  If someone else is already coordinating such a session,
please make yourself known so that I can submit something.

It would probably be best if people responded directly to this list,
so that we have an open discussion.  So what do you think?  Should we
have a session on geodata this year?

--
// Dr. Paul Box

*  If Elvis was so great, why was he buried in the back yard like a
*  hamster?

   Swarm-GIS is for discussion of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
   and their integration or use with Swarm.  For list administration
   needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to
   <address@hidden> with "help" in the body of the message.