OT: Broken debian package Re: I can not run orca with speech-dispatcher

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: OT: Broken debian package Re: I can not run orca with speech-dispatcher
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:06:30 +0200

Hhello,
I think the package in debian is broken because libpthread symbols can
not be resolved correctly.
The following output is from my gentoo machine:
ldd /usr/lib/libspeechd.so.2
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fb70d35d000)

Under debian there is no libpthread reference so all client written in c
will fail when using libspeechd.
This also affects spd-say because it uses libspeechd as well.

I dropped a mail to Milan but got no answer.
This issue must be fixed if we want to use sbl/brltty under next debian
stable :-).