Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr + Eclipse

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr + Eclipse
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 22:02:50 +0100

2011/3/8 Сергей Смирнов <address@hidden>:
> Hello. Does anybody have any experience of working with simulavr and
> avr-gdb under eclipse?
>    I'm using Eclipse with AVREclipsePlugin and it works fine with    official
> C versions of simulavr
>    (such as 0.1.2.6) with using avr-gdb from winavr. But I decided to    try
> newer C++ version of simulavr
>    from repository and compiled it under MS Visual Studio 2008.
> Unfortunately I have some problems when using
>    this new simulavr version with Eclipse. There seem to be some    changes
> in protocol, so that I can see the
>    next Eclipse error log:
>    35-target-select remote localhost:1212warning: unrecognized item "timeout"
> in "qSupported" response~"Ignoring packet error, continuing...\n"Ignoring
> packet error, continuing...&amp;"warning: unrecognized item \"timeout\" in
> \"qSupported\" response\n"~"Ignoring packet error, continuing...\n"Ignoring
> packet error, continuing...36-gdb-exitCould anybody tell me, what can be the
> problem connected with?

Simulavr (C++) does not send send word "timeout" in response to
"qSupported". In fact it does not use the string at all anywhere, so
it could not be due some mix of output streams or something.

Set Eclipse to execute this command in GDB before the connection is
made, try again and send us content of file remotelogfile.txt:
set remotelogfile remotelogfile.txt

It should begin with contain something like this:
w $qSupported#37
r +$PacketSize=800;qXfer:features:read+#a3
w +$qXfer:features:read:target.xml:0,7fb#4a
r +$l<?xml version="1.0"?>\n<!DOCTYPE target ....

What version of GDB, Eclipse, AVREclipsePlugin are you using?

--
Petr Hluzin