RE: [Simulavr-devel] Is this project still alive?

From: William Rivet
Subject: RE: [Simulavr-devel] Is this project still alive?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 23:10:39 -0400

I think the reluctance here is that we want to be sure we are pulling in
the same direction.

I'm not opposed to adding contributors, but I would like to set some
goals and ensure we work toward them.

Through various exchanges I think we have the following modest goals:

1.) Simulavrxx must be able to run the GCC toolchain test suite.
2.) Simulavrxx should build under Cygwin
3.) There should be better documentation on how to write simulations
4.) We should have a better way to accept patches to the project.

I'm not sure how to proceed in terms of Eric and potentially Michael
joining. From my perspective however, I want to get the build system in
control first. I'm about half way through that right now. I have a few
hours over the next few days for that effort.

I'll consider the build aspect "complete" when it works for me in
Gentoo, RHEL 4.0, Debian (Sarge I think?) and under Cygwin.

If Eric or Michael would like to propose what they will contribute I
don't see why we should not add them. I think I am a bottleneck at the
moment however with the build system not working right.

Thoughts?