RE: [Simulavr-devel] Is this project still alive?

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [Simulavr-devel] Is this project still alive?
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:19:09 -0600

> > But for this, we have no information whcih hardware
> > components are really campatible (the same!) and which
> > have small or big differences. All what I/we can do
> > isdigging through all the datasheets. And yes, I have no
> > fun for that.
>
> That's a lot of work to expect up front. Wouldn't it
> be better to allow development to continue on an "as needed"
> basis and refactor as required? Otherwise, the project
> will not move forward because no one has the time to
> "do it right".

I have a proposal:
Bill, Klaus, why don't you put myself and Michael Moran as
developers/administrators on the simulavr project? That way both of us can
get patches committed to the repository to keep this moving forward.
Otherwise, we're risking having a fork in the future.

I've already requested this for myself, and I haven't heard back one way or
the other.

Thanks,
Eric Weddington