Re: [Simulavr-devel] Windows port of simulavrxx

From: Bill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Windows port of simulavrxx
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:15:33 -0400

Wow.

I see I should probably explicitly target MS-win32 in a way that
allows simulAVRxx to be added to that list!

Thanks for the pointer. (I didn't even have to search for the webpage!)

E. Weddington wrote:

 Bill wrote:

> Thanks. I'm aware of "cygwin.dll" issues...though I don't know
> about WinAVR. I also have looked into GNUlib.
>
> If I didn't say so, I agree with your points about being mindful
> of MS-ports earlier rather than later.
>
> I'll look into WinAVR since I don't know anything about it.

 You don't know anything about WinAVR? :-)

 See here: SourceForge project page:
 <http://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr> Home page:
 <http://winavr.sourceforge.net/> (Note that the "Package" page is
 slightly out of date.)

 Basically it's the AVR toolset, prebuilt binaries, for the Windows
 platform. I started this package a couple of years ago. It now
 includes: GNU Binutils GCC avr-libc avrdude uisp GDB / Insight
 AVaRICE SimulAVR SRecord TkInfo MFile Programmers Notepad
 (editor/soon-to-be IDE) a bunch of Unix utilites for Windows
 Makefile template to use in AVR projects and a bunch of
 documentation for the above projects.

 It's a one stop shopping place for an AVR toolset.

 The latest release, WinAVR 20040720, is now over 19,000 downloads.
 The previous release, WinAVR 20040404, is over 35,500 downloads.
 :-)

 WinAVR is consistently in the top 10 of the "Compilers" category in
 SourceForge. It currently ranks number 5 in that category.

 Eric