[Simulavr-devel] Windows port of simulavrxx

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Windows port of simulavrxx
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:09:53 +0200

E. Weddington schrieb:

OT:
IMHO, it would be better to start planning and implementing the port to Windows *now*, rather than wait until later to "tack it on".

I have a simple question before: Who? :-)

What should I say:
I personal have no windows! and I will not buy it. And I have no idea for what is windows good for? So, I have spend my work for simulavrxx for the public, but that is not an offer of a windows port from me. I will give all needed information for all persons which want do the port. But I have no time and money for windows :-) Actually we have the problem to port on OS X which I could not understand. The source code is fixed as I know but the configuration of the autotools costs lot of time... If I write a handcrafted Makefile for each OS I think all this problems are allready fixed... Sometimes tools are only good for time killing :-)

Resume:
I have not reserved any time to do the windows port. I will support each one who want to do this and there is no reason why the simulator should not work under windows. There is only one critical point in which I know: the socket to gdb and the userInterface. But that is one file (mysocket.cpp). The windows must be able to build the binutils for avr, but that is also needed for gcc so that could not be a problem.

Feel free to do it now :-)

Bye
   Klaus