Re: [Simulavr-devel] Windows port of simulavrxx

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Windows port of simulavrxx
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:04:45 -0600

Bill wrote:

Thanks. I'm aware of "cygwin.dll" issues...though I don't know about
WinAVR. I also have looked into GNUlib.

If I didn't say so, I agree with your points about being mindful of
MS-ports earlier rather than later.

I'll look into WinAVR since I don't know anything about it.

You don't know anything about WinAVR? :-)

See here:
SourceForge project page:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr>
Home page:
<http://winavr.sourceforge.net/>
(Note that the "Package" page is slightly out of date.)

Basically it's the AVR toolset, prebuilt binaries, for the Windows platform. I started this package a couple of years ago. It now includes:
GNU Binutils
GCC
avr-libc
avrdude
uisp
GDB / Insight
AVaRICE
SimulAVR
SRecord
TkInfo
MFile
Programmers Notepad (editor/soon-to-be IDE)
a bunch of Unix utilites for Windows
Makefile template to use in AVR projects
and a bunch of documentation for the above projects.

It's a one stop shopping place for an AVR toolset.

The latest release, WinAVR 20040720, is now over 19,000 downloads. The previous release, WinAVR 20040404, is over 35,500 downloads. :-)

WinAVR is consistently in the top 10 of the "Compilers" category in SourceForge. It currently ranks number 5 in that category.

Eric