Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx development & docs

From: Oleg Batrashev
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx development & docs
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:46:23 +0300 (EEST)

Hi everyone,

> No, we are really not at the point that we should remove simulavr. I think
> we have not enough repsonse from the "world". I dont know how many
> users we have, but actually it is very silent around the simulavr(xx).
I just wanted to say that C++ code is usually simpler to read than object
orientired C and I can do my project faster (I have no more than 2 weeks
to get first results). Actually Im against removing simulavr, because it
has long history and many supported uCs. I also think that simulavrxx is
like a black box for now :).

> > Would you be interested in contributing "lite" documentation for the
> > bits you look at and learn about?
First of all I need to understand and try all myself. Possibly this
weekend I get more free time to make a progessive step in that.

> Currently I have only one our here and one on the next week.
Now I know that Im lucky, becuase I have plenty of free time ;)

> you could call me a bitch :-)
b.. :)

> I use ctags/(g)vim which is a very fast/good solution for me. Please let us
> not discuss the pros and cons on vi :-)))) Also building from the vi is very
> nice to find the faulty lines.
Im trying to move from vim to emacs and use CTAGS there, because many
say "emacs rulez" :) I havent yet really felt that.

Oleg