Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx development & docs

From: Bill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx development & docs
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:42:27 -0400

Hey! Thanks for the email....I'm primarily interested (as the active
simulavr project admin) in the C++ port.  I don't have a sense of the
"big picture" enough yet to say that we should officially drop the
C-version of simulavr, but I expect this to be the natural
progression. (in answer to your s_a_xx vs. s_a question I believe)

Would you be interested in contributing "lite" documentation for the
bits you look at and learn about?

I say "lite" becuase Klaus is the developer and as he already
mentioned to you, he's planning on changing some bits...like the
HWports...so documenting them would go out of date soon...but if you
would like to send documentation patches, I'll work on adding it to
the build. I think this is a good idea, especially for helping the
next newbie.

"ccdoc" is another documentation system akin to Javadoc, but for C++,
if you would like to see an alternative documentation system.

FWIW: I always use RedHat's SourceNavigator to get cozy with new
software source code...it allows for direct sourc-code navigation. In
fact it's the reason I haven't even considered doing what you have
done yet.

Interested in contributing?

As for getting the work done, I think you are on the right track. Any
example contributions would be welcome too! Klaus does have a
comparator GUI sample in the CVS source tree (and tarball I believe)
that you might find useful for your first spin.

HTH