Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx development & docs

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx development & docs
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:52:50 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Oleg,

> Unfortunatelly there are not any docs (nobody has time :), so I explore
> sources. I also have to write class for atmega16 which seems to be quite
> easy (c++ rules).

Yes, mega16 is nearly the same like mega128. That could be implemented by
copy
and paste. But I will not introduce this as official because I have some
major changes in the structure in my mind. The HWPort class is not as simple
as it should be, so I will redesign that. The HWPort should work as all
other hardware parts in the controller (like UART or TIMER). So the pins
should be hosted NOT in HWPORT anymore. But this will be done later, after
introducing SPM instruction and TWI Interface.
> I prefer s_a_xx to s_a, because C is messy, C++ is a little readable.

???? What do you mean ???

> Thanks to author! Is there anything that I should read. (I dont ask if I
> should read C++ book or atmel docs ;-)

Currently there is no doc at all. Sorry for that! But I run totally out of
time.
I wrote simulavrxx "only" for my needs but after a while it was a self
running
project. But I forget my main task: Writing avr applications. So I slow down
a bit
wis the simulator in the moment. There are a lot of TODO´s but not as much
time as
I need for them.... :-(

The simpliest entry to simulavrxx is looking into the examples. There
will come some more the next time I hope.

If you have any problem addapting the simulavrxx to your needs let me know!
Every error report is also welcome  but also a no-error-found-message is
also
wanted :-)

Thanks for using simulavrxx!

--