rule-list

Re: [RULE] RULE minimum hw requirements

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [RULE] RULE minimum hw requirements
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:02:40 -0600

At 07:01 2/22/2004, you wrote:
Here in Greece we are still struggling with 486's and I even have a bunch of 386's which I want to have a go at though getting a larger hdd to work with them is probably not possible. Perhaps just a simple floppy and only using the hdd for swap and some additional files??

Have you seen the Linux Terminal Server Project [1]? You could boot the 386's off a floppy or hard drive and use them as terminals if you have a server. I have no experience with it, but it just might work for you since that's precisely the problem they try to solve.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden