rule-list

Re: [RULE] RULE minimum hw requirements

From: Ingo Lantschner
Subject: Re: [RULE] RULE minimum hw requirements
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:07:14 +0100

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:32:30 +0100, M. Fioretti <address@hidden> wrote:

However, the RULE minimum target is a moving one,
and it is really pragmatic. 386, 12/16 are not mystical numbers to
defend blindly. They basically mean "what is the oldest, more limited
and crappiest hw *still* *working* and being donated that, with a
reasonable amount of effort, common sense and good will can be
reactivated, to delay expense and pollution?".

Practically spoken, here in Austria we get at this moment P2 300Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 2 GB HD donated for our projects - not one, we get hundrets of them. Also Monitors start today at 17".

On stock we have older machines, but not below Pentium 100MHz, 24 MB RAM.

Regards, Ingo.