rule-list

Re: [RULE] Again on the website (out of town tomorrow)

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [RULE] Again on the website (out of town tomorrow)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:04:42 -0600

At 14:34 2/22/2004, you wrote:
One thing that I wanted to say (besides thanks to C.D. Rigbly for
testing the new website) is that the "website tarball generation"
feature, doesn't need to be present in the new solution, whatever it
will be.

Even today it is done as a separate shell script, ran once a day: it
can be ported as is on any Linux server with wget and bash installed.

If there are a significant number of potential or interested mirrors out there, we could also implement an rsync-based solution too. Already does all we need, and people could synchronize with the actual website or download just the tarball.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden