rule-list

Re: [RULE] RULE minimum hw requirements

From: M. Fioretti
Subject: Re: [RULE] RULE minimum hw requirements
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:54:49 +0100

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 16:33:24 PM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz (address@hidden) wrote:
> At 10:32 2/20/2004, you wrote:
> >Almost surely yes. However, the RULE minimum target is a moving one,
> >and it is really pragmatic.
>
> And an interesting corollary to keep in mind is: at what point do we
> reasonably expect to drop 386 and move the minimum to 486.

I'd say "whatever comes first between no VUM-like organization asking
to revive lots of 386 anymore and us not able to do it without working
for it full time and/or have to build a new distro for that".

Ciao,
        Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

If children must grow able to leverage computers to meet their own
goals as free citizens, that's not possible with commercial software,
period. -- Ruben Safir