rule-list

[Rule-list] Setting-up ftp server for lan rule install

From: Richard Kweskin
Subject: [Rule-list] Setting-up ftp server for lan rule install
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:45:54 +0300

Hello All

Apart from the fact that Michael has already solved the original query, I
would still like to ask and try things with ftp.

1) (This writer's ignorance, again!) What magic does the installer work to
get the client to access files by ftp that does not download them (since
filling the already scant memory and/or hdd space resources would seem to be
a disaster?)

2) Apart from the general question "how does one set-up a ftp server from a
rule install?" are there any particular needs (directory arrangements, ftpd
options, ftp commands, etc) that a subsequent install over a simple lan with
rh7.2 entails?

Please don't bother restating what could be found elsewhere. Just a point in
the right direction is enough (grovel, grovel.) I did look through the rh7.2
documentation cd and tried querying both google group search and hotbot web
search before posting this, but, alas...

Richard