rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] nfs daemon problem

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] nfs daemon problem
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:07:20 -0600

At 4/24/2002 02:33 AM +0300, you wrote:
Maybe it is too soon to try this but I was hoping to use one of the donated
boxes with rule already installed as a nfs server for the others to test rule
installing (rather than my own Mandrake box.)

Can't help you with the NFS bit, but if you simply serve that install tree by FTP you'll be able to do what you want. Both miniconda and slinky do network installs now, although in slinky you have to configure the network yourself IIRC.

Mounting rh7.2 cd1 and cd to rpms directory and rpm -i nfs-utils..... just
reports it is already installed.

Might want to try "rpm -Fvh" instead of -i.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden