rule-list

[Rule-list] nfs daemon problem

From: Richard Kweskin
Subject: [Rule-list] nfs daemon problem
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:33:12 +0300

Hello All

I tried hard not to bring this to our list. Searching usenet complaints
turned up nothing, however. :(

Maybe it is too soon to try this but I was hoping to use one of the donated
boxes with rule already installed as a nfs server for the others to test rule
installing (rather than my own Mandrake box.)

Here is the problem: slinky 0.2.1 install with network options installed,
also with miniconda 0.7.2 with same options and same problem on same computer.

Both installs seem to be fine. Login as root, then /etc/init.d/nfs start.
Everything goes ok except nfs daemon which fails with nfssvc: address already
in use. Verifying with rpcinfo -p shows all the right bits except nfs.

Mounting rh7.2 cd1 and cd to rpms directory and rpm -i nfs-utils..... just
reports it is already installed.

Richard