ruby-tut-developer

[ruby-tut] question about an exercise of the chapter 3 (iterators)

From: Laurent Sansonetti
Subject: [ruby-tut] question about an exercise of the chapter 3 (iterators)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:04:58 +0200

Greetings everyone!

I have a small question about this exercise of the chapter 3,
'iterators' section:

        "Print the lyrics to "99 bottles of beer on the wall" using an
        iterator."

Well, I saw that this exercise was already asked in chapter 2, 'loops'
section:

        "Print out all the lyrics to "99 bottles of beer on the wall."

My question is: "how the reader is expected to resolve the exercise of
the chapter 2, without using an iterator? (such as Integer#times)?"

Excuse-me in advance if this question is dumb ;-)

Cheers,

--
Laurent

PS: i commited gabriel's &IRB; suggestion for the French files.
I'm now moving the stylesheets to the ``share'' directory, as we
discussed yesterday.