Re: [rdiff-backup-users] comments about rdiff-backup

From: Blair Zajac
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] comments about rdiff-backup
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:27:05 -0800

Faheem Mitha wrote:

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Blair Zajac wrote:

Ben Escoto wrote:

Faheem Mitha <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:19:56 -0500 (EST)

Thirdly, when using --remove-older-than, if there are no increments that need to be removed, I see a message, apparently on standard error, saying something like

"No increments older than Tue Nov 22 11:46:48 2005 found, exiting."

Isn't this somewhat unnecessary? This seems hardly to merit a message at all, let alone one on standard error.

Ok, I'll remove that message.

Hold on! I like that message. In my nightly crontab, I delete any backups older than 60 days, so I would like to see if there were any deleted.

Ok, but couldn't this go to standard output rather than standard error instead? It is not an error message.

Fine with me.

Regards,
Blair