qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Mounting a disk image under Linux

From: Benjamin Brown
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Mounting a disk image under Linux
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:34:35 +0100

I created a disk image under (host) Linux using dd and fdisked and
formatted using a (guest)Windows 98 boot disk under QEMU.
I then tried to mount this under linux to add files to it using:

mount -o loop /opt/qemu/tempImage /mnt/tempImage

This failed and asked me for the filesystem type so I specified:

mount -o loop -t vfat /opt/qemu/tempImage /mnt/tempImage

This also failed with the error:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop1,
or too many mounted file systems
(could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

Any ideas why this happens - this should just a straight fat formatted
disk image?