qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Useful Q&A

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Useful Q&A
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:02:33 +0200

Benjamin Brown wrote:
Hi all,

List of questions open to all - please answer any you can!

Where can I find a *Full* listing of all of the command line parameters for QEMU (i.e. includes "-cirrus")?

All options of QEMU releases are documented. As the CVS version is not an official release, it contains test options that may be suppressed or modified without notice (in particular -pci and -cirrusvga). You can use the source code of the CVS version to have more information.

Will support for newer graphics cards be included any time soon?

No.

Why doesn't (guest) Windows 98 (FE) recognise the emulated sound card as new hardware on my host Mandrake 10.0 machine when I specifiy "-enable-audio" - it doesn't think there is one at all?

Did you try to relaunch the hardware probe in Windows ?

Any thoughts on binary builds for i586 and higher instead of default i386, are any processor specific optimizations likely to be made in future?

No, except for translate-copy mode to use MMX/SSE/SSE2.

Fabrice.