qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Can't see network under qemu 0.5.5

From: Marc Vertes
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Can't see network under qemu 0.5.5
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:39:04 +0200

Here is the /etc/qemu-ifup I use to perform full network configuration:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Inside the qemu VM, the following commands are required:
#
# ifconfig eth0 172.20.0.2
# route add default gw 172.20.0.1
#
intf=$1
eth0_ipaddr=$(ifconfig eth0 | awk '/inet addr:/ {print substr($2, 6)}')

sudo sh << EOT
/sbin/ifconfig $intf 172.20.0.1
/sbin/route add -host 172.20.0.2 $intf
/usr/sbin/iptables -t nat -F
/usr/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT -o eth0 --to $eth0_ipaddr
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
EOT

Marc

Ludovic Gele wrote:

Selon "Leonard T. Erwine" <address@hidden>:

I have this problem with using qemu 0.5.5 under windows 98.

I can ping the interface's own IP but can't see beyond that.

I have screen captures of my settings and other relevant system data at
http://www.lennyerwine.com/qemu-net.

If anyone can help me with this problem, I will be GLAD to transform the
aforementioned web page into a help document. If I can get past this, I
plan on doing this for Win2K, Linux as well.

Have you activate the ipforwarding on your host system? And the NAT?