pspp-dev

Re: pspp development

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp development
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:28:54 +0800

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 05:59:30PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > Anyway I think the time has come for psppire to be promoted into the
     > main codebase, and for some reorganisation of the pspp source files
     > into seperate subdirectories as discussed before.

     I agree with the first part, at least.  The second is no fun to
     do, but maybe you're right that it's time.

     Which part would you prefer to do first?  i.e. add in psppire,
     then reorganize, or the other way around?

Yeah right sorry. I guess there are  many separate things
in my last message.  Let's try and get them identified:

1.  Do we move psppire into the main codebase?

2.  Should be start reorganising the existing file structure?

3.  Should we at this stage switching to an alternative SCM tool?

4.  If two or more answers to any of the above is Yes, then in what
    order should they be done?

I think we agree that the answers are :

1.  Yes
2.  Probably
3.  Maybe
4.  ??

If we do 1, then I think it should be done before 2.

IMHO, if the answer to 3 is yes, then it should be done before
anything else, as one of the main advantages is that it records the
subsequent actions.

So we need to decide on 3, which is not a decision to be taken lightly.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3