pspp-dev

Re: pspp development

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp development
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:10:37 +0800

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 10:35:35PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     I'll summarize your summary, which I agree with.  The order and
     the certainty of each of the steps to undertake is this:

         1. Switch to GNU Arch, maybe.

         2. Reorganize the directory structure, probably.

         3. Integrate psppire, for sure.

     The only one I'm really concerned about is #1.  I haven't used
     Arch much but I wasn't terribly impressed at the time.  Have
     either of you used it more than that, and how do you feel about
     it?

I've never used it.  The manual made me terribly confused, so it'd be
a bit of a learning curve for me.  A lot of people have said good
things about it, but I think they're comparing to CVS which is hardly
an ideal reference standard.

My gut feeling is that unless we're sure we want to do down that path,
then we should wait awhile.  Loosing continuity in the file history is
a nuisance, but not the end of the world.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3