Re: Hi there!

From: Josiah Ritchie
Subject: Re: Hi there!
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:17:01 -0500

Martin Schmidt-Linden scripted ::

>> > - Is it intended that a blocker (in contrast to the original
>lemmings) > > kan receive any new order and hence is easily stopped
>from blocking? >
>> Yes.
>
>Is this the final decision? This would close some design space for
>level designers,
>especially when creating difficult puzzle levels.
>
>Yeah, I know pingus isn't meant to be lemmings in all details, but I
>think dma had a
>really good reason to not let blockers do something else on
>command...

I've been watching and for the sake of summary and curiosity, is my
following impression accurate?

            after blocking except for blowing up.

I added the blowing up part, but perhaps that has changed at some
point. I know I could before and there needs to be a way to get rid of
them somehow. If that is the case, it might be neat to add a feature
where selecting a blocker and making him a blocker again automatically
made him a bomber. Of course, this will have the side effect of
quickening the ability to position and set-off a bomber.

JSR/