Re: Hi there!

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Hi there!
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:16:15 +0100

Am Mo, den 22.03.2004 schrieb Rune Zedeler um 18:49:
> Yes, I did find that list, but it is unordered. For instance the
> Hellmouth world, which is supposed to be the 2nd, is in the middle of
> the list.

Ask Ingo (grumbel) about that.

> - If a builder is asked to block then he falls down from the bridge
> instead of blocking.

This one sounds like a bug.

> - Is it intended that a blocker (in contrast to the original lemmings)
> kan receive any new order and hence is easily stopped from blocking?

Pingus is not an exact clone of Lemmings.

> - Is it intended that pingus can receive orders while in pause mode - so
> that it is possible to i.e. start two diggers simultainously by pausing
> the game and clicking on two pingus?

Yes and you can use it to make levels quite easy. If you still have fun
playing that way, it's your choice. What's the merit in preventing it?
It's open source, people could enable it at will. ;-)

> Oh, and I just tried running the binary version with some cvs levels.
> "Error caught from Pingus: PingusError: Loading of plf's no longer
> supported"

That's historic. At first the were .plf file which were a special
format. Later on it changed to standard .xml files and those got renamed
to .plf again to allow for Pingus to be assigned to that extension. The
error message is directed towards the old .plf files.

Bye David