Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Google Summer of Code

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Google Summer of Code
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:47:20 -0500

On 4/20/07, Christian Rost <address@hidden> wrote:
Sigurd Nes schrieb:

> Quote:
>> Because we need a Sync-Client, I suggest the 6.x Outlook-Plugin from
>> Funambol

The advantage of the Funambol plugins for Outlook or the PPC is, that
you can test it by using existing network connections and not via GPRS.
In addition, since version 3.x, the Funambol plugins can choose to send
the data as vCard/ iCal or the Funambol XML-Format.

I would also suggest testing with OpenSync and some of its plugins
like for Evolution and GPE PIM apps.

I do agree though that an Outlook client should be tested as well, it
unfortunately is one of the things needed to get in the door.  One
that's easiest to install with license fees as a second consideration.