Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] release model idea

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] release model idea
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:41:57 -0500

On 4/20/07, Sigurd Nes <address@hidden> wrote:
In my opinion - the core (or supercore) can be limited to: API, admin,
preferences and setup.
Not sure about the manual.

I second this, except that manual should be included in Core *if* it
gets a redesign so that it's easier to plug into by any app.

My reason is that I have done some installs where only email is used,
and others where no apps were used except custom ones, property also
fits here as a basic install does not require PIM apps, even though it
may use some of their API's.

This, however, means a minor change in direction of the project.
Right now we are a groupware suite that also provides a framework.
This more modular structure with Core including only the minimum
required to login and a rich API would be a framework that includes a
groupware suite.  We could also offer bundle packs as releases, like
Core, GroupWare (Core + PIM apps), and World (Core + PIM + everything
that "works").