Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Google Summer of Code

From: Christian Rost
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Google Summer of Code
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:12:09 +0200

Johan Gunnarsson schrieb:
> I know nothing about these plugins. But getting one to work with my
> code would definitely be a huge milestone. Testers in environments
> like this are appreciated at the end of the project.

Hi Johan,

the name "Plugin" might be a bit confusing, regarding the funambol
software, but they are SyncML-Clients that are installed as plugin for
several apps or devices - like Outlook, PPC, iPod, Blackberry, ...

Because phpGroupWare will get a SyncML interface, soon, the Funambol
plugins should work with it. The installation of the plugins will be
quite easy and they should connect to the SyncML interface without any
problems, just as the clients Chris mentioned in his posting. As
mentioned before, some the difficulties we 'll need to remember is the
way the date will be sent. In general it's ical and vcard, but as usual
there exist some minor changes between the different implementations, as
well as different kind of list separators, ... So a modular design
should make it easy to add new devices.

Christian

Christian Rost
roCon - Informationstechnologie