Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:16:58 +0000

Markus Kaemmerer (address@hidden) écrivait:

> "Guillaume Courtois" <address@hidden> wrote:,
>
> >Ok, first stupid question : how can I use your functions from my code ? If I
> >add the include ('../header.inc.php') line, phpGW wants to authenticate me
>
> the best and compatible way to use our functions is trough Layer 4,
> this is the IPC class of Sync. The implementation of this is in
> sync/inc/class.ipc_sync.inc.php. The documentation of the generic IPC
> interface you can find on
> http://www.probusiness.de/projekte/phpgroupware/.
>
> The IPC classes call our bo and the bo call our so functions. For a
> complete implementation you do not (and should not, because its breaks
> our complete layer conecpt) bo functions directly. If you miss
> something in the IPC interface, please ask us and we will see, if we
> change this.

Ok, I understand now.

So if I'm correct I have 2 solutions for the syncml.php :

1 :

- I'm authenticating as Dave explained me, by saying
$GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['flags'] = array('currentapp' => 'login', ... and using
session->create when I have the login and password coming from the syncml
client

- I'm doing a $ipcManager =& CreateObject('phpgwapi.ipc_manager'); $sync =&
$ipcManager->getIPC('sync');

and then I can use prob functions to sync, like this for example :

$authresult = $sync->authenticate ($userid,$password,$sourcelocuri);

or

2 :

- I'm using the XML-RPC interface for accessing directly to prob functions

Which way do you guys think is the best ? Is the second way possible right now
or must I wait for it ?

BTW : I'll never say it enough : I'm too happy with your functions, guys :-)