Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:13:37 +0000

> Sync is working now for many tested end user devices. We managed to
> get a full sync in both ways with a Sony Ericsson P800, a PocketPC
> (through Weblicon Sync Client), a PalmOS PDA (through Weblicon Sync
> Client) and Outlook (trough Weblicon Sync Client) and a Nokia Handy
> via GPRS. It should work with any other SyncML capable devices.

Good news !

Did you test with wbxml or only xml ? Which nokia is it ? 6600 ?

> In this milestone we completely removed the use of Sync4j databases.
> Everything importend for sync is fetched through XML-RPC and the IPC
> classes from phpGW, including sources, mapping and so on. A good
> amount of work has been put into the export and import interfaces for
> vCard, because this format is the standard address interchange format
> in SyncML.

Cool.

> Everyone is encouraged to help us testing the new sync capabilities.
> The latest files are located in the HEAD CVS branch on savannah (check
> out module "sync"). The sync module is tested against the 0.9.16
> release version of phpGW.

I am currently checking your code to try to include mine into, to replace
sync4j.

To which URL do you point to attack the syncml server ? The one of sync4j ? I
can only find the index.php in sync module ?

> For the next milestone we want to test conflict handling, adding more
> documentation to the source code and running more interoperability
> tests.

Yes, slow sync is good but two-way sync is better :)