Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] iDots Template (was: DotGNU 0.1 CD-ROM ava

From: Lars Kneschke
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] iDots Template (was: DotGNU 0.1 CD-ROM available from CheapBytes.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:51:14 +0100

Dave Hall <address@hidden> schrieb:
>Dan Kuykendall <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Lars Kneschke wrote:
>
>I have have been on the #egroupware channel twice since the channel was
>taken from me.  Once when invited to discuss cooperation between the
>projects, after a request from several EGO devs.  The second time was to
>get some straight answers re the alledged copyright violation.

Hm, this does not sound like a invitation

[20:51:13] < skwashd > lol ... jump on #egroupware
[20:51:16] < skwashd > no ops
[20:51:31] < skwashd > so they can't kick you no matter how annoyed they get
:)
[20:51:42] < skwashd > miloch, literarti are fired up :)
[21:03:15] < skwashd > wb pooh_
[21:03:36] < pooh_ > :)
[21:18:10] < skwashd > heya greengiant
[21:18:51] < greengiant > heya skwashd. I was on before looking for you but
you were sleeping. I was wondering about palm sync, but i found what i
needed :)
[21:19:15] < greengiant > how have you been?
[21:19:19] < skwashd > ok ... np
[21:19:20] < skwashd > ok
[21:19:29] < skwashd > currently trying to get 16 ready
[21:20:01] < greengiant > cool. :)
[21:20:30] < greengiant > got time for a totaly non phpgroupware related
question?
[21:20:37] < skwashd > shoot
[21:21:59] jengo pulls out his 9mm
[21:22:19] < skwashd > lol
[21:22:25] < skwashd > jengo: use it on #egroupware
[21:22:34] < greengiant > lol
[21:22:35] < skwashd > lot of people there who should be shot
[21:23:30] < jengo > no no no ... thats not nice .... for that I would use a
portal missel lancher
[21:23:39] jengo grins
[21:23:54] < skwashd > jengo: give me a heads up b4 u nuke em
[21:24:02] < skwashd > milosch is going off atm
[21:24:05] < jengo > Sure, will do
[21:24:11] < jengo > HEADS UP!
[21:24:13] < jengo > :P
[21:24:31] < skwashd > jump in
[21:24:34] < skwashd > lots of fun
[21:25:18] < jengo > in egroupware ?
[21:25:50] < skwashd > yeah
[21:25:57] < skwashd > group?where? is dead
[21:25:58] < jengo > lol, never been in there
[21:26:05] < skwashd > he has joined EGO
[21:26:07] < skwashd > jump in
[21:26:11] < jengo > Time to go make the doughnuts, ur trouble
[21:27:07] < skwashd > :)
[21:29:13] < skwashd > Seek3r: come join the party ;)

>As a side note.  The egroupware channel was mine.  The name was mine.
>The structure concept was mine.  Ummmm .... geez ... how unoriginal can
>you be?
You were the one who did write up our ideas up, because you were the best
english speaking person. We discussed it together. You, ralf, reiner and me.
I registered the domain. Can't see why we are more unoriginal then you.

We asked you to give us the channel. You did not want to do this. We asked
the irc operators. They tried to contact you. Because they can't reach you
for at least one week, they gave us the channel.
Beside that, talking about this is childish and brings nothing.

>Oh would you like us to provide you with a bot too, so your logs are
>publicly available?  Or do you have something to hide?

If you did play nice, we had no problem letting you stay in out channel.You
can also ask bjohnson. He is regulary on our channel. I personaly have no
problem having a bot. But i also don't need one.

>Lets agree to disagree.  I stand by what I have said.  I am not
>embarassed.
>
>I was invited to #ego to discuss the possibility of the 2 projects
>working together.  I turned out be a session where I had to listen to
>the persecution fanatises of some member of the EGO project.

Just have a look above.

>I also wonder why EGO is so interested in what phpgw is doing when
>Reiner has publicly stated: "You think you are so impotent ? (sic?)
>Not for our project." [Source
>http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/phpgroupware-developers/2003-11/msg00040.html
>]
>
>If we are not important (Reiner make a note of the spelling), then stop
>leeching, stop reading the logs, stop posting to our lists.

First it is childish again, to talk about reiners english knowledge. You
can't also not write german perfect.

Second. The phpgw project is really not important for egw. And egw is not
important for phpgw. That's a fact. But when we see some interessting code
in phpgw we will import it. Why reinvent the wheel? We also do it with
opensource projects.
And another point. We are not leeching. We share code. If you don't like to
share stop distributing code under the gpl.

Cu
--
written with FeLaMiMail