Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addbook ready for testing

From: Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addbook ready for testing
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:23:42 +0200

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:22:06PM -0400, Brian Johnson wrote:
> c. don't forget to add a notes field for both people and orgs to catch any
> data that doesn't fit elsewhere

Yes, this seems to be important too.

> d. how soon can we get this module working with other modules (ie email)

Which apps do not work with addbook? As you all know from my incorrect
bug report the other day, we just started using addbook on our
production server. So far we haven't even moved the old data yet. So I
cannot really try. Heiko told me about a problem with infolog, so that's
all I know.

> e. do you have any thoughts on how a sync conduit to a palm pda should be
> setup for this module?  I'll have to come up with some way to map the
> records on the Palm that doesn't separate people and orgs with this module.
> Moving the the Palm is easy with a select query that pulls in both tables
> together but moving from the Palm back to phpgw will require additional
> thought

My initial thought was to just define a view over addbook that resembles
the palm structure. But then that won't do with MySQL of course.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
address@hidden