[Phpgroupware-developers] addbook ready for testing

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] addbook ready for testing
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:48:59 -0400

I've done a preliminary test of addbook

I had to upgrade from 0.9.12 and I have NOT set it up as the default
addressbook

So here is a list of things that occured to me as I was playing with it
(this is meant as constructive criticism since I think this concept will be
a HUGE improvement in the arrangement of data than the current addressbook)

1. what do the contact listings in the add organization form do? they don't
seem to tie in with anything
2. could the add organization and add person forms be rolled into one? I
thought maybe a add contact form that allowed you to pick the org from a
combo box or type in a new one, if an existing one display the org info for
editing and if a new one allow the user to input the new org info on the
same form as the person info
3. we need more fields for the orgs and the persons.  we could get an
unlimited number if we somehow set it up as a separate table with
contact_id, info_type (eg phone numbers, mobile numbers, fax numbers,
emails, web addresses, mailing addresses) and info_value
4. a separate category system has been provided, can it be set up to allow
multiple categories for each org or person? (eg use main phpgw category
system to control user access to records but use a second category system to
categorize contacts - but allow multiple categories per contact)
5. what is the infolog stuff?  is that from this module or from another
module?  it is definitely useful but should be a separate module to make it
easier (more intuitive) to use ie answer phone, hit infolog module button,
find contact, make notes while talking.  This separate module would make it
easier conceptually to separate the addbook (for recording contacts) and the
inoflog (for recording notes about contacts)
6. if you're displaying a contact and try to add an info log entry, what
projects is the infolog searching for?
7. if you're displaying a contact and try to add an info log entry, where is
the infolog searching for contacts?
8. the site configuration gave me an error that it couldn't find
addbook/templates/default/config.tpl
9. should there be an import from addressbook utility?