Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm sync conduits for phpgw

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm sync conduits for phpgw
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:15:47 +0000

>Also, using SQL statements means you will need to be using the SQL
>account that phpgroupware uses, meaning this it almost totally useless
>for a multi-user setup (of course, a single-user setup would be fine).

Actually, all of phpgw uses one "sql account" and phpgw handles the user
accounts
on it's own.  The biggest drawback creating a SQL only solution is that you are
stuck recreating the SQL server abstraction that phpgw already has.  And you
would
have to grant what amounts to "root" access to phpgw's database to all users
that
wish to use the tool remotely.  Ans SQL version as a proof of concept would be
fine, but as a perminant solution is not good.

I don't know XML-RPC yet, but I can't imagine it being much more difficult than
SQL
to learn if you are using an XML-RPC client lib.  It's not a programming
language
so much as a way to make your current language take advantage of a function
hosted
on a server.