[Phpgroupware-developers] Small Bugs on Fresh Install - RC2

From: Brad Sturgill
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Small Bugs on Fresh Install - RC2
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:01:33 -0700

First, Congratulations on what appears to be a great framework and
collection of apps!

While installing for the first time, I did discover a couple of "minor" bugs
that could use some attention.  Since this is an RC I thought that I would
take a couple of minutes to send what I found, since I didn't see these in
the archives.

1.  class.mail_message_base.inc.php:  received parse errors, needed to track
and repair a number of comment tags.  There were extra end tags "*/"
2.  class.mail_send.inc.php:  problem communicating with IMAP/SMTP server.
Changed $mymachine to $smtp_server within SMTP handshake.
3.  class.mail_msg(wrappers.inc.php:  phpgw_parse_str changed to parse_str.
This was a quick fix, I didn't spend a lot of time looking for
phpgw_parse_str function.

Anyway, besides some rather minor security issues (my problem, establishing
correct directory security), the installation was rather easy.

I used the tar ball.  Followed the simple instructions and bam I had a
functioning system.  After a couple of hours of reviewing the overall
framework and a couple more hours tracking down these bugs, it's ready for
full use!  Nice job.  I really like the set-up3 feature for establishing the
header.  I would like to see the ability to manage multiple domains from
within setup3.

There may be more bugs, but I haven't found them yet!  Nice job.  I look
forward to exploring and extending more of the features.

Brad Sturgill
Telos Group