perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Problems with perlpanel (perhaps found some bugs)

From: Jason Brian Friedrich
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Problems with perlpanel (perhaps found some bugs)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:06:22 +0200

On 10/26/2004 06:21 PM Gavin Brown wrote::

> Oops. I should really test stuff before I commit it :/

> When a Launcher applet finds an empty or invalid file, it should now
> prompt you to edit the .desktop file, instead of just stopping. Update
> your sandbox and let me know if it's still broken.

What do you mean with "empty or invalid file"? Do you mean the
.desktop file or the image for the launcher?

I grabbed a fresh copy from CVS at 18:50 but the error still
occurs. I changed line 225 in the file perl-item-edit (with my
rudimentary perl skills):

-- From --

$selector->get_preview_widget->set_from_pixbuf($pbf) if
defined($pixbuf));

-- To --

$selector->get_preview_widget->set_from_pixbuf($pbf) if
defined(my $pixbuf));

And it works now here. Its a crude hack in my opinion, ad it is
very very ugly ;).

> I've also added an "Add" item to the context menu - should work now.

Great, thanks a lot.

> Will do. Can I check that you're using wget? I'll restrict against URI
> and path.

Yes, i am using wget for mirroring. I can give you my IP address
so that you can only allow it for this IP (if you want).

>> i will make a unofficial ebuild file and an unofficial debian package for
>> woody
>
> We already have "official" (as in, they're in the main distribution's
> repositories) Debian and Gentoo packages, although in Gentoo's case it's
> a bit behind. Perhaps you can talk to the maintainer and co-ordinate
> with him/her to keep it up-to-date.

I know that Debian would never accept a CVS version for a stable
tree so i would build a CVS version for Woody (later Sarge). But
i have seen that you already build DEBs. I think about the
package (and ebuild) creation on a regular basis from CVS. I will
contact the maintainers.

Jason